Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Little Secret


We haven’t told anyone about what we are going through, except a few close friends. Our families don’t know, and we don’t want them to. We think it would be too hard each month to have them get anxious and keep asking if we are pregnant or not, so we have kept it to ourselves. Handling their disappointment on top of ours would just be too much.

This has not been easy, and I think that everyone going through infertility needs a support system. M seems to handle things better then me, maybe because he is a guy, or because that’s just his personality, but me, on the other hand, not so much! I seem to need a lot more support and I am so lucky that I have found it.

I am a member on Wedding Bee. There is a whole group of us girls that make up the infertility thread, and it has been amazing. The love and support everyone has for each other is more than I thought possible. It’s so great to be able to talk to people who are going through the same things as you, and be able to offer support and advice to them. Our close friends are nice to talk to also, but they don’t understand what we are struggling with, and often their meaning to be helpful offers of advice sting a little more than anything (just relax, it will happen). No one can understand the pain like someone else going through it.

I don’t know if you girls are reading this, but thank you. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have you to cry to, and I hope that I have been as much support to you, as you have been to me. This road is long and bumpy, but you all have made the journey bearable. 

Source

4 comments:

  1. You are super awesome, H :) I'm so thankful for you and the other ladies on the bee. My ability to handle this has gotten exponentially better since I have y'all to make me laugh and let me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There is no way I could do it without you guys. I love the feeling of family we have and that we can talk about things that others would give us weird looks for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so lucky to have each other! I can't imagine going through this without everyone in our group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me either. You girls are my saving grace!

    ReplyDelete