Thursday, June 9, 2011

Brutal Honesty


I got asked again today if I was pregnant. Both times now have been by clients (and within the last 2 wks), and granted I work at a mental health clinic, but still, it stings. Today when the client asked if I was pregnant and I told her no, she said, you look like it. Um, thanks? I guess they are full of brutal honesty.

I have been doing so good on my diet and while I would give anything to actually be pregnant, looking that way when I am not is something I don’t want. It is frustrating that I am trying so hard, and people have still made comments about it. (She also told me today that I have a double chin.)

And no, thank you for bringing it up, I am not pregnant. M and I have been trying to, and can’t seem to become pregnant. I don’t know if we ever will. So thank you again for digging the dagger a little deeper. Now go take your crazy pills.

4 comments:

  1. That sucks, I'm sorry. My neighbor came over last week and was like "well, I don't know if you'll ever have kids, but here watch this video of my baby granddaughter while I stand here and watch you". Um, thanks for making me die a little inside on a random Tuesday morning. People just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrible! I would have been like "I would rather pull my own fingernails out thank you"! They don't get it. And not a day goes by that we don't all think about it, so when people do things like that, it makes it that much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed my shirt three times before leaving for school last night because I looked so fat!! I am so afraid of people asking me when I am due because all my weight is around my middle! And I have the flattest butt you will ever see. I am INSANELY jealous of people with good meaty butts! My pants sag! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big butt, but its covered in cellulite! And I have huge legs, I hate how big they are :( It sucks having to stretch out your shirts before putting them on in hopes to hide your weight. But unless you know for 100% that someone is pregnant, you don't say a word!

    ReplyDelete