Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ovulation Signs


Because I am super forgetful, I didn’t buy anymore OPK’s for this month. One thing nice about going through infertility though, is that you really learn how to read your body. So although I did not take any OPK’s to tell me exactly when I am going to ovulate, I have a pretty good idea on my own.

The first thing I notice is the change in my cervical mucus (CM). Gross, I know, but after so long of trying to conceive (TTC), these things just don’t gross you out as much! When ovulation is coming, my CM becomes increased and white. This happens about 2-3 days before ovulation for me.

The second thing that tips me off is that I am hungry. I can eat anything and everything in sight. Not only am I hungry, but I crave sweets! I have such a sweet tooth anyways, but when I am about to ovulate, man oh man, it’s like my period is coming. I can’t get enough chocolate or ice cream!

These things have been happening the last couple days, so I know I am about to ovulate. I can’t pin point the day exactly, but I have an idea, so M and I have been DTD. To cover our bases, we have been doing it every other day since Saturday, and will continue through this week. I do worry that without the Clomid and trigger shot that I might not even release an egg, but I have to hold some hope!

I have talked to Dr K and we are going to do another round of IUI in August. That gives me this month and July to loose some weight (and of course we are still trying)! And if you notice my weight chart on the bottom, I lost 4 lbs! I just hope I can keep losing it and keep it off!

Well, another TWW is on…

2 comments:

  1. My TWW starts officially today! I plan to do everything in my power to not think about it too much. Haha, yea right. That's like telling someone "do not think of a pink elephant." See...you are thinking about one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I sure did think about it! At least we are together, so we can be in misery and complain to each other ;)

    ReplyDelete