Monday, June 20, 2011

Do It Or Not?

As I have told you before, TTC has been our “little” secret. Well, last night, M’s mother (MIL) and I were talking about endometriosis and PCOS. I was telling her that I am in a lot of pain all the time. There isn’t a day that doesn’t go by that my ovaries don’t hurt. Her suggestion? Get them removed!

I was a little shocked by this! I want to have a baby with my husband. In fact, we would like to have 2 together. She was saying that I already have a wonderful little boy (which makes me happy that she thinks of him as a grandson so much that she wouldn’t want us to have more, but still), and I am young so I shouldn’t have to go through life in so much pain. While those are valid points, if M and I get a baby in the end, the pain is worth it to me.

While I definitely don’t want to have my ovaries removed right now by choice, this got me thinking more about having a laparoscopy. The FS that I saw last year had suggested that I either have one done, or get pregnant. Well, it seems that we can’t get pregnant, so maybe I should have it done? It really scares me though.

My dad has had multiple surgeries to remove scar tissue from complications of his cancer treatment. It seems that when the dr removes it, it comes back fast and furious. What if I am like that? What if they go in, clean up my ovaries and uterus and anything else, and then my body goes into super mode and everything comes back fast and worse then before? Then what do I do? Keep doing it on a regular basis? Or what if the surgery ruins my ovaries, or tubes, or uterus?

Dr K has said to me that the it seems that after people have a laparoscopy done, they seem to be extra fertile, so that could be a really good bonus, but I am a worrier, and I tend think about the worst possible outcome. I just don’t know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment