Saturday, June 25, 2011

False Hope?

P didn't show, so I tested on Thursday night, expecting just a single line. The one lonesome line appeared, and then a faint second line. I kept looking to make sure that the second line was really there, and you could see it, just not the best. I showed M, and he said he saw it too, but we shouldn't get too excited. We have had this result before, and P had shown the next night. So with a little hope, but trying not to get too excited, I decided I would test again in the morning.

Sorry about the crappy cell picture, to excited to get the camera!

See, you can kind of see the second line! But, we went to bed, thinking that I would get a negative the next morning, and this would end the way it did last time I got this same result.

The next morning, M got in the shower, I took a test, and went to make the coffee. I came back, dreading looking at the test (like usual), but made myself. I had to double check because I was sure my morning eyes weren't focusing right. This is what I saw:







Yep, it says "pregnant". I was in such disbelief. I told M, to which he replied: "no you aren't". He couldn't believe it either. Before we told anyone though, we wanted to double check with the dr. I called Dr K, told her the news, and went straight to the lab to get a blood test done.

The results came back positive, but low hcg. It was only 59. That's enough to be positive, but not as high as it should be. It could mean a couple a things, one being that it was just really early, like only 1 1/2 - 2 wks pregnant. I didn't care, I would take that, as long as I am actually pregnant.

We are so ecstatic! We keep trying to tell ourselves how possible a miscarriage is, 50% chance, but we are still enjoying this moment. I am going to call Dr K on Monday and get my hcg checked again to make sure it is going up. If its not, then there will be no baby at the end of this journey. Trying to keep our hopes up, but keeping reality in the back of our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment