Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The First 5

For the month of November, I have joined the band wagon of posting what I am thankful for each day. Since not everyone is friends with me on FB, I will share them here too with a little more elaboration.


  • Day 1: I am so thankful for my healthy children.

Although Miss L has had her battles, both my children are at home with us. They have all their fingers and toes, can move and talk (or babble), and breath on their own. I can hold and hug them, and we can cuddle and play. That is something to be very thankful for. 

  • Day 2: I am so thankful for my loving and caring husband.
We definitely have our issues, but I do love my husband and he loves me. He works hard to provide for us, and I couldn't ask for more.

  • Day 3: I am thankful for my mom. It is unbelievable how much she does for me and never asks for anything in return. She loves me even knowing all my faults. She is my best friend and I am so thankful for that. <3
My mom helps us out so extremely much. She watches the kids for me during the day so I can get a couple hours of sleep. She helps me out with anything I need at any time, without any questions. Our relationship got kind of rocky during my high school and college years, but we have gotten really close again, and I am so glad. She really is my best friend.

  • Day 4: I am thankful for God's amazing timing. One example: Had we waited 30 more minutes to go to the hospital to have our baby girl, she would not be with us today. <3
God really is in control, and really does know what is best. I wasn't going to call Dr K, but something made me do it. Had I not made the call when I did, we may not have little Miss L. If the timing didn't work out just right, she would not have made it due to the fact that she was not breathing, and could not breath. God is amazing. Everything he does is amazing. 

  • Day 5: I am thankful that my hubby filled his tags this year. The meat helps out so much throughout the year. Now I hope to fill mine ;)
My dad and M went hunting this year and M was able to shoot his buck and doe. I am so glad that he did. We take all the meat from our game and make hamburger, sausage, brats, pepperoni sticks, jerky, etc with it. That is the meat we live off of for the year. It is a true blessing when my dad, M, and I can all fill our tags. That means LOTS of meat for the year! But even if we can't, just a few animals help out a ton. So I am so thankful that M filled his tags. That meat will not go to waste.

Did you join the FB trend this year? What are some things you are thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment