Wednesday, November 21, 2012

5 More

Continuing on with my days of thanks! The first 5 are here, and the next 10 are here if you missed them.

  • Day 16: Even with some bad news, I am still thankful. I am thankful that it is Friday, and the weekend starts tomorrow morning at 7 AM when I get off work! I think we need a relaxing weekend around here...
Well, 2 things happened. First, I signed a DT for my It Works! business. That was super exciting and I was so happy to finally get some action with it. Unfortunately, she canceled the next day. I don't really know why, but she said it had to do with running to many things. I guess she is a photographer.... and she runs her husband's website... or something... Not really sure, but none the less, she canceled. SO disappointing (If you are looking to make some extra money though, let me know :D!!!). Next, my FIL lost his job. He was delivery man for Sweetheart, which was hostess. So when the bakers went on strike, and Hostess closed down, he lost his job. My in-laws had been worried about this for quite awhile now considering that Hostess had filed bankruptcy twice already. I don't think you really know what to do or how to act when it actually happens though. Luckily my FIL is a very talented man and has some opportunties with friends to do jobs to make extra cash (he can do body work and paint cars, etc), and he can claim unemployment for quite a while. I think they will be OK, but it still really sucks. 

  • Day 17: I am thankful that I get to go home in 2 1/2 hrs and sleep for about 4!
Yep, I wrote this while at work, at 4:30 in the morning, when I was beyond ready to go home and sleep!

  • Day 18: Thankful for 9 months with our baby girl <3
I can't believe Miss L is already 9 months old. It has gone so crazy fast. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not in awe of her. How far she has come, the things she can do, how much she has totally stolen all of our hearts. I am so thankful for that time with her. 

  • Day 19: Thankful for a weekend of wins! Bobcats and Packers!!!
We have 2 main college football teams here in Montana, the Grizzlies and the Bobcats. Once a year they play each other. Its a huge rivalry football game, and people get REALLY into it. I am a Bobcat fan. To be honest, normally the Bobcats lose, but this year, they pulled off a win for the second year in a row! WOOHOO!!! Also, my family is a BIG HUGE ENORMOUS GINORMOUS Packer fan. My sisters and I were born into it, my dad has been a fan since he was 6 years old. We bleed green and gold. The season this year has been a little rough, especially considering how we did last year. Sunday's game was a close one, but the Packers were able to secure the W. AAAHHHH, such a great way to end the weekend. 

  • Day 20: Thankful for a good 9 month checkup!
Miss L had her 9 month checkup (which I wrote about in my last post), and it all went really well. Its so nice when you go to the dr and don't have bad things to discuss! Simple and boring works for me :) 

I'm ready for the next 10 thankful days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment