Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nurses Don't Know

I waited and waited and waited, and then finally called Dr K to get the results of M's test. Since Dr K was in with patients (hello! you need to dote on my constantly!!!!), I talked to her nurse. Lesson #2 in this, don't talk to the nurse about the results of a SA. The nurse I talked to really had no clue how to read the report, or what it meant. In fact, she told me there was blood found in it, which put me in panic mode as I scoured the internet to self-diagnose my husband. The things I found were not pretty, and had me going crazy. I was starting to fear for his life!

Thankfully Dr K called me back quickly and told me that no, there was no blood (she wasn't sure where the nurse got that from), but that his results were not very good. He had plenty of men, but not very many that looked good or knew where they were going. His men looked something like this:

Drawn by yours truly

Ok, maybe not quite like that, but his numbers for quality men were low, below "average". Dr K referred us to an urologist to talk to him about what could be causing the low numbers of usable sperm. So, we put my meds on hold for a month so we could get M taken care of.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious drawing! Haha

    That must have been so hard to hear those results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) It was very hard, but I think hearing even worse results first helped with the real results. It was like "whew, he's not dying"!

    ReplyDelete