Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kid's Say The Darndest Things

Let me start this by giving you a little background info. Not a lot (I will another time), but a little.

My ex (son’s father) is something else. I don’t even quite know how to explain him, and I could probably write a whole post trying. I won’t today, but I will tell you this. After we broke up, I started dating someone. Ex was not happy about this and made big issues all the time. A couple months later, he started dating someone, and the issues quieted a little, but still continued. I broke up with my then boyfriend and started dating M. M and I moved fast. We knew what we wanted, and that we wanted it with each other. We got a place, and moved in together, (Ex had ALWAYS been against moving in with someone until you were married, even when I was pregnant!). M and I then started to look at buying our own home (and did!). So what did Ex do? Went out and bought a house, and moved in with his girlfriend. M proposed. A month later, Ex proposed to his girlfriend. We later found out through a very trustworthy source (his mom works with Ex’s mom), that Ex’s mom REALLY pressured Ex to propose to his girlfriend (wasn’t the first time she did that, but more later). We set a wedding date, Ex and his girlfriend set one 2 weeks before us. If you can see the pattern here, Ex always has to “beat us” to things. Its very strange and I don’t get that mentality, but whatever.

So, what does this have to do with anything, or with what a 3-yr-old could say to make us change our minds about waiting to continue with treatments for awhile? Well, one fine day, I picked my son (Pumpkin) up from Ex’s house and he asked me if I had a baby. I gave him a look and said no, just you! He then asked me if I wanted a baby. Ex was standing right there, so I told him, no, the only baby I want is you! When we got in the car, I asked him who had a baby and he told me that Ex’s wife had a baby. I asked where (thinking maybe they played with some dolls or something weird), and he told me at the dr’s. So, M and I thought that Mrs Ex must be pregnant and they took my Pumpkin to the dr with them.

Source

This made M mad! He said no, they are not going to get this before us too! He told me to call Dr K and get us set up for IUI this month. So, that is what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment