Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finishing November

I'm a little late, as with everything, but here are the final things that I am thankful for!

If you need a recap, the first 5 are here, the next 10 here, and the last 5 here!

  • Day 21: Just got stuck at a train crossing. I was mad but [Pumpkin] told me not to worry because trains are good because they deliver things we need. I'm thankful for my son's beautiful loving mind. We all need minds like that.
Children amaze me. The way they look at the world and see things. If everyone looked at the world the way children did we might actually live in a happy loving place.

  • Day 22: I am thankful for my parents and in-laws living so close. It is so nice to be able to spend holidays with my family. I only wish my sisters were here. 
I love doing family things! I love that we all get to spend the holidays together and enjoy each other's company (for the most part ;) ). I miss my sisters a lot though, and do wish they were closer to be able to spend the holidays with us too. 

  • Day 23: I am thankful I am not an avid Black Friday shopper. One store is plenty for me!! Good night!
My mom and I went to Herbergers on "Black Friday", or Thursday I guess you could technically call it. I don't know why we did it. I guess I could handle the crowd to get my $60+ boots for $20. HA! I stood in line, outside, in 20 degree weather, for an hour. Shoved my way through the crowds, elbowing people and giving dirty looks, to get the boots. I threw boxes around like next person, and never found my boots. Friend K found them in a size and a half too big, so I found some thick boot socks to accommodate. There was no way I was going through all that and coming out empty handed! I then had to find my mom who got eaten up by the swarm of people and actually got pushed down. I don't know why people enjoy shopping that way! I don't like crowds and I don't like pushy-rude people (although I can be just as rude as the next if you push me!). I seriously don't know if the savings are worth the pain...

  • Day 24: I'm thankful for Saturdays!
I know this one sounds dumb, but I love Saturdays (doesn't everyone?!). M normally goes and does his own thing, and it leaves me to do what I please. Crafting, shopping, whatever. And I get to do it with my mom. What better way to spend a Saturday?

  • Day 25: I'm thankful for leftover cherry pie. It helps me get through rough games. 
I made a cherry pie for Thanksgiving. On Sunday, the Packers lost. I at the remainder of the cherry pie. Nuff said. 

  • Day 26: I am thankful Easton is at home with his family <3
Baby Easton finally got to go home to be with his family!!! It is such a blessing from God that he has gotten stable enough to go home. He has been taken to the ER twice since being home, but at least he is home with his mom and dad and brothers. 

  • Day 27: I am thankful for my wonderful sister-in-law who takes a day out of her busy schedule each week to watch my crazy kids! I don't know what I would do without her!!!! See you tomorrow :D
SIL watches the kids every Wednesday for me so I can sleep after working nights on Tuesday. I am so blessed to have such a helpful SIL! 

  • Day 28: I am thankful for technology. I love being able to share things with my family and friends that aren't here. 
Truth be told, I have mixed feelings about technology, BUT I do love that I can post pictures and videos of the kids to share with my family that isn't here. I also love being able to talk "face-to-face" over our phones. It helps make the distance between us seem not so far. 

  • Day 29: I am thankful that my dad kicked cancers ass! I am also thankful that for the first time in 4 years, all my cancerous cells are finally gone too!
My dad got prostate cancer when I was almost 20. He has been through radiation and surgery after surgery. FINALLY he is cancer free and now only has to deal with follow-up stuff from his surgeries. This year is the first time in 4 years for me that my dr's told me I had no more cancerous cells! Thank you God for our health.

  • Day 30: I am thankful for God. He has given me all that I am thankful for, and continues to provide. He knows what is best and is in control (thank you for that too cuz I have no idea what I am doing!). Way to often I ask and ask when I really need to thank and thank.
I think this one explains itself :)

How did you finish your month of thanks?

No comments:

Post a Comment