Friday, December 14, 2012

Guys vs Girls

I want to start by saying that I love M very much. He is wonderful guy and makes me so happy. He is a great father, and helps out so much. I am so lucky to have him and wouldn't want anyone else to share my life with.

Ok, that being said, I'm going to tell you the differences between us, and from what I've heard, the differences between most guys and girls.

1) A cold hit our house pretty hard this last week. I got sick on Tuesday, and almost had it shaken on Sunday,, when M came down with it. He called in on Monday just to try to get rid of it all the way. When he's sick:

  • Everyone tiptoes around the house so he can nap on the couch in the living room
  • He can't help with the kids AT ALL
  • I try to make him some soup or some equivalent, but the only thing he can eat is the cheesecake in the fridge
  • He can do nothing except play Mario on the Wii
When I'm sick:
  • If I want to nap: First, I can't. I am home with the kids by myself. When M gets home, I might get to sneak off to bed a little early. But I don't get to try to nap on the couch because he wants to watch TV or something
  • I take care of the kids just like I do when I'm not sick. There is no calling in when you are at home all day with kiddos
  • M thinks I must eat all the normal meals. And healthy stuff cuz sugar isn't going to make me better
  • I get the laundry done, do the dishes, dust, vacuum, run errands, take care of the kids, cook dinner, go to work, sleep 3 hrs and do it again
Why is it that men are such babies when they are sick?! I really don't get it. They act like they are dying and can do nothing. If we get sick though, we must carry on.

2) I got a card from a family friend and she gave me some money in it. There are many things that I would like to spend the money on... new clothes, scrubs, an iPad, some things for the house like an entry bench and rug, my ear piercing, etc. Instead I have to take it down and put it in checking so that M can pay his tool bill at work, pay off his snowmobile, and get his boss a gift for his Christmas dinner.

M got a bonus at said Christmas dinner. He will spend it on parts for his snowmobile and whatever he wants to spend it on. I won't see any of it, and either will our bills. 

Why do men get to spend "their" money how they want, on what they want, and yet we have to spend "our" money on things like bills? It is so unfair!!!

3) I work night shifts. I don't get to sleep much at all during the week when I get off. I average 4 hours of sleep on the days I have to work. I am tired. When Saturday finally comes, I want to sleep in, try to catch up on some of that lost sleep. M gets mad that I sleep the day away. He says he is tired too because he doesn't sleep well when I am not home. I would rather "not sleep well" for 9 hrs than pass out for hopefully 4. 

Why don't they get that we need sleep too?! I can't function on 4 hours of sleep for 4 days! Guarantee he couldn't do it either if he only got to sleep for 4 hrs right after work, then get up and take care of kids all day and then head off to work, only to get 4 more hrs and do it again. 

Like I said, I love my husband. I really do! Some things just really drive me up the wall! The difference between guys and girls amazes me. 

What differences do you notice between you and your SO?

No comments:

Post a Comment