Thursday, December 27, 2012

Its Not Christmas Until Somebody Gets Hurt

Christmas has come and again, again, way too quickly. I remember last year thinking "wow, Christmas is already over. It won't be long until its here again though". Oh how I was so right. It really seemed to have come early this year.

Our Christmas was pretty nice and laid back. M worked Christmas Eve for a half day, then we went to my in-laws to hang out and open presents. After that we drove around town looking at Christmas lights and decorations. There was one house that synced his lights to music, pretty awesome and way over anything M and I could pull off.

We had to stop and get some milk at the gas station for Santa. Pumpkin said he had to have milk, but if the gas station didn't have any we could write him a letter and ask him if orange juice would be ok. I love that little guy!

Then it was home and off to bed for the kiddos and a little more present wrapping for me, despite having stayed up until 1 in the morning the night before! The joys of being Santa :)

We woke Pumpkin up at about 7 the next morning telling him Santa had come. We had to get him up because my parents were coming over and his dad was going to be picking him up at 10. It took him a minute to comprehend, but then he was up and so excited!

He had a blast opening presents, and Miss L had a blast eating the paper.

Pretty Christmas dress!
Christmas morning
Opening presents (yes, I know I look scary)
Pumpkin opening presents, Miss L eating them

After presents were done we hung around the house for a bit then headed to my parents'. My mom made a ham, and I was supposed to make the mashed potatoes. Well, I went to drain the boiling water the potatoes were in, and dumped it on my hand. I sat in the kitchen trying my damnedest to not cry and telling myself the burning would stop in just a second. That didn't work. Tears escaped and my mom walked by just at that moment. She saw the way I was holding my hand and come running in. Immediately she cleaned the potato water off my hand and put burn cream on my palm. I am so glad she got the cream on my palm, it really saved it. Today my palm feels fine, just a little different texture from the rest of my hand. Unfortunately my thumb and ring finger got it pretty bad. They are still burning with pain and bright red. I have had to have them smothered in burn cream today and wrapped up to keep from bumping them.


Other than getting hurt, Christmas was really nice! It was so nice to get to be with family and just relax and have fun. I love having time with M, and wish we had the whole week off.

How was your Christmas? Did anyone get hurt?!

No comments:

Post a Comment