Saturday, January 7, 2012

Registering

I felt like I had an edge on knowing what to register for. I remember slightly registering for Pumpkin, and all the things that I thought I needed, and then the things that I actually used, liked, disliked, and what I really got off the registry. So when it came time to register for Peanut, I was armed with knowledge and ready to do it!

M and I made a date for last night to go register. I was super excited because I had my knowledge, and I love looking at anything and everything baby. The way the night started though, should have been a pretty clear warning that registering wasn't going to be as fun or easy as I had imagined.

First, Pumpkin threw a fit because he didn't want to go to his dad's house. Then, I couldn't get my socks on. I huffed and puffed and finally M had to do it for me. On the way there, we got stuck behind a lady going 25 in a 45. I have bad road rage as it is, but add pregnancy hormones on top, and you don't want to mess with me!

Once we got to Target (where we were registering at), I headed to the kiosk and started to set-up our registry. Except, it wouldn't let me. It kept telling me that our email was already in the system. Duh! We registered there for our wedding! So I put that information in, and it asked me to reset our password. So I followed the instructions and did so, then had to do it again, and again, and again. I got pissed, and M was hungry and pissed. I wanted to cry and kick the kiosk and through a tantrum. I might have a little actually.... Anyways. I finally decided just to start over, and make up an email address (they don't really send you anything important do they?!) and go from there.

After that, we got our little scanner gun, and set off, hoping that things would go smoother. No such luck. 95% of everything there was being clearanced, meaning we couldn't register for it. 3% of the stuff "wasn't recognized" by our scanner gun, so we registered for the other 2% of stuff, which is all "limited availability". There were no crib sheets, bumpers, blankets, bouncy chairs, pacifiers, feeding supplies, first aid kits, anything! So, our registry is still bare, but I am working on it online, and hoping that I can go back in a couple weeks and add to it in the store... if I'm brave enough to try again.

Here are a couple things we were able to register for though!


1) Boppy Pillows are the best. They are great for breastfeeding, and great for propping the baby up on their own. Greatest pillow ever made.

2) Car Seat Protector by Eddie Bauer. We have one of these bad boys under Pumpkin's car seat, and it is truly is a car seat saver. There have been many times when I take Pumpkin's car seat out of the car and there is so much crap, food and drink and unknowns, stuck all over this seat protector. It also helps from getting those dents and indentations in your seat that a car seat leaves. I love this thing, and my car loves me for putting this thing under the car seat.

3) We registered for this Samsung baby monitor for a couple reasons. One, we didn't really have many options. Two, it was one of the cheaper options we had. And three, the monitor is big enough to be able to see the baby, but small enough to be able to carry around with you. A regular, non-video, monitor would be fine too, but there weren't any to choose from, and we really would like a video one!

4) It gets cold up here in Montana, so a cover for the car seat is a must, like this JJ Cole one. It easily slips over any car seat, and zips up snug to keep your little one toasty warm. Its so soft and looks so comfy too!

5) This Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper is perfect to use as a bassinet by the bed, and a portable little crib to move around to the living room or wherever need be. I love that it doesn't take up a lot of room, is cute, and it rocks, kind of doubling as a swing.

6) I am going to try to breastfeed, but back up bottles are a must. So I did a little research, and thought that the best way to go was with these Breastflow bottles. They have a double nipple type thing going on, so the baby has to "latch" to it, similar to how they breastfeed. I am hoping this causes minimal nipple confusion, and also will keep Peanut interested in breastfeeding and not taking the "easy way out" with the simple bottle.

Hopefully our registry will keep growing. If not, I am not too worried about it because people are going to buy what they want to anyways, and 99% of the time that is super cute outfits!

Was your registering experience what you hoped and thought it would be? Did you register in store or online?

No comments:

Post a Comment