Friday, January 20, 2012

2 More Weeks

I had another dr appt yesterday. Nothing exciting, just routine appt. Peanut is very much in front though, and Dr K was sure that I was going to measure ahead of schedule this time. I didn't though, instead, I am right on. Dr K kept saying that she must just be really sitting in front, but she might do an ultrasound to check her size next time.

I also get my Group B Strep screen next appt. We have opted out of all other screening and tests, but I will do this one. One, I am thinking Dr K will want to check my cervix anyways, I have been having a lot of pressure down there. And two, stillbirth scares the shit out of me. I want to make sure that I don't have Group B Strep so that the odds of it are low. Also, I don't think of this as a test like the others. It isn't telling me if there is something wrong with Peanut, its telling me that there is something wrong with me (what would be new?!). And its also telling the dr's what precautions to take during delivery so that everything is ok.

Our next appt is in 2 wks, then after that we start weekly appts! I can't believe we are already to that point, and so ready at the same time! I only made it to 3 wk appts with Pumpkin, so I'm curious as to how many I will make it to with Peanut. Regardless though, if Peanut decides to stick around inside longer than Pumpkin did, I will be getting induced on the 29th of February.

I am not a person who is a fan of voluntary c-sections or induction to fit your schedule better or to relieve yourself of being pregnant, but I did ask for this induction. We are getting Peanut of an insurance program, and it starts the 1st of every month after the baby is born. So if Peanut were to be born on March 1st, or any day after, her coverage wouldn't start until April 1st. That doesn't work out so well, especially if something were to go wrong. And her 2 wk check wouldn't be covered either. Dr K has agreed to induce me on the 29th for this reason, if need be. I really don't think there will be a need though. I think this little girl is going to make her appearance early.

Would you opt for an early induction or c-section due to insurance reasons? Or would you just let your body do what it needs to do regardless of possibly not having insurance for a month?

No comments:

Post a Comment