Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feel the Burn

I wish I was talking about a good burn, like the kind of burn after a workout where you are like "oh yeah, take that muscles!". Unfortunately, I'm not talking about that kind of burn. The burns I am talking about are a little bit different... although the one isn't too bad I guess.

My pelvis is burning. I remember this when I was pregnant with Pumpkin. I actually remember the conversation I had with Dr K about it and I told her that I thought my crotch bone was breaking. She explained to me that the feeling I was having was very normal towards the end of pregnancy, and that my bones were not actually breaking. Us women are so luckily blessed with cartilage in between our pelvic bones, and that separates as the baby moves down and opens the bones up. It feels like the bones are breaking into two, but no worries, they aren't!

The other burn I have is a yeast infection. Common in pregnancy due to changes in hormones. I have had many yeast infections in my life due to different types of acne medicines I have been on, so this is nothing crazy abnormal for me. The big difference this time though is that I can't use my regular stand-by med Diflucan. I can't even use the less then fun Monistat 3 or 5, you know, the one with the little egg looking thing you insert? Nope, I have to use Monistat 7. SEVEN days of the nasty crap. Except its worse then the 3 or 5 day type because you don't get the little egg thing that slowly releases the medicine. Instead, you get a syringe,  and a tube of cream (that same one that you can put on externally to stop the itch), and you fill the syringe with it, and then fill your crotch. Yep, its gross, it gets all over (I can't even walk from the bathroom to my bed without it running out and down my leg), and it continues to come out the next day. I just hope it clears it up so that I don't have to do it again.

Of course I have the regular toward-the-end-of-pregnancy-burns going on too. Lower back, legs, feet, heartburn, stomach. And good ol' Braxton Hicks contractions. They come mostly at night, which sucks because I can't sleep anyways, and then when I do, the contractions wake me up. I am trying to "enjoy" it though because it won't be long and Peanut will be here! I am so excited, but I know that I will miss having her in my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment