Friday, December 30, 2011

Stretching Out

I noticed my first 2 stretch marks from this pregnancy yesterday. They aren't very big, and they are right next to each other, almost like one. I haven't been able to see them because they are on the underside of my belly, which, unless I am looking in a mirror, I can't see!

According to the Baby Center's article on stretch marks, there are certain factors that can increase your change of getting stretch marks. Genetics is one of those factors. I have heard that about cellulite too, so it doesn't surprise me that it is true for stretch marks also. My mom has a lot of stretch marks on her tummy from being pregnant with us, so its not too surprising that I would get them too. They also say that younger moms may get them more. I would consider myself a younger mom, so that is working against me too!

I am really not surprised that I have gotten them with Peanut, especially with how many I got with Pumpkin. Pumpkin's pregnancy wrecked havoc on my thighs. I am very self-conscious about wearing shorts because of the amount of stretch marks I have on my thighs. My butt took a stretching too (which was really not good considering it was larger to start with!), and my lower back. I didn't get them on my stomach though. It was like the skin just stretched from my back and sides to accommodate my belly. I have always counted my blessings for not getting stretch marks all over my stomach though. But now, I have them.

I am surprisingly OK with it. I have noticed that my previous stretch marks on my legs have been stretching a little more, or at least looking red-ish lately. And the stitches from my cancer scars have stretched out a little, which kind of looks odd! I think the reason I am feeling OK with it all though, is because of this picture:

Source

How can you feel ashamed of your stretch marks after reading that? This picture almost makes me want to get more... OK, not really, but I am not hating the ones that I have gotten! I will continue to drink lots of water and put on my lotion with coco butter and vitamin E, but I will not stress out over stretching out.

Did you get a lot of stretch marks? How do you feel about your stretch marks?

No comments:

Post a Comment