Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nightmares

My pregnancy dreams have turned into nightmares. They are so vivid, I can recall them perfectly, even a week later. I would tell you about them, but I'm scared of what you would think about me! I swear I'm not messed up in the head! I will tell you though, a couple of them have had to do with death.

Lillies are a symbol of death, and at one time they were placed on the graves of children/ Source

According to the Baby Center, they say that your dreams "... reflect your excitement, fear, and apprehension...". I'm going to try to make myself feel better by saying that the reason death is apart of my dreams is because I am still scared of something going wrong and us losing Peanut.

I have tried to find out what it really means though, so I looked at the Baby Zone's pregnancy dream guide to find the true meaning. Of course though, I am the only pregnant lady dreaming about death. In fact, the only "D" dream they have listed is dolphins. Nope, no dreams about dolphins for me!

Since the baby websites were no help to me on figuring out what my twisted dreams were about, I looked elsewhere. I looked at Dream Moods, and found death (YAY! I may be the only pregnant person dreaming about it, but at least there are other regular people dreaming about it too!). This is the part that I took to relate to me:

"Alternatively, the dream indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore. In particular, to dream about the death of your parents indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. Your relationship with your parents has evolved into a new realm."

I am guessing that by my dreams involving death are signifying a change in my relationship with Peanut. No, Peanut is not going to die, but our relationship, my body being her home, is going "to die". She will be born and no longer be apart of me. I like that idea way better then the other things that have gone through my head! Makes me feel a little less crazy!

If you are having neat and funky dreams though, the Baby Center has a Dream Diary you can print and record your dreams. Now, I would never do this with my dreams unless I wanted a first class ticket to the loony bin, but it may be really cool for you!

Source

Have you had any odd dreams while being pregnant? Have you had dreams of death, or I am the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment