Thursday, November 17, 2011

ABC's of Pregnancy

When you have kids, the ABC's are everywhere! Books, blocks, flashcards, wall hangings, etc. And most of the books and flashcards have cute little things that go with the letter. A is for Apple, B is for Book, C is for Cow...

Source

Well, as I was laying in bed, wishing sleep would make its way to me, I was thinking about the ABC's of pregnancy. So, here is my alphabet!

  • A is for Ass. If you didn't get any, you wouldn't be here! HAHA! Just joking, kind of ;) But A is for Ass, my ass. It used to be cute and bubbly and now it is BAM! In your face, all over the place!
  • B is for Boobs. Get ready for some big boobs! With Pumpkin, I started at a nice C, and by the time he was born, I was in an E or F or whatever comes after all the D's! 
  • C is for Cravings. Mine this time around? Cheese, Ramen Noodles, sweets, chocolate (although it doesn't always like me - see H), mashed potatoes, noodles, and did I say sweets?!
  • D is for Digestion. Or lack of. Lets just say my #2's are few and far between. And when they do show up, you better watch out!
  • E is for Eyes. Mine have been extremely dry. I even lost a contact one day because of it!
  • F is for Fear. I have many fears. It scares me when I can't feel Peanut move. It scares me when I lift something heavy or run a little, or anything that might hurt her. And one of my biggest fears lately, not being able to breastfeed.
  • G is for Gas. It happens. You don't know when, or where, until its too late.
  • H is for Heartburn and Hair and Hemorrhoids. I have never had heartburn before. And I always thought it was supposed to be spicy things that give it to you, but I seem to get it when I eat chocolate! And hair. Man does it grow in nice and thick, EVERYWHERE! I have had to up my finger shaving, and face de-fuzzing, and my stomach now see's the razor on a regular basis! Hemorrhoids are one of those things that people don't tell you about when you get pregnant, but they are a very real thing, unfortunately.
  • I is for Ice-cream. Yes please. Especially if its fried.
  • J is for Juice. I can't get enough of it.
  • K is for Kicking. I love those little kicks inside my belly!
  • L is for Legs. Mine get HUGE.
  • M is for Milk and Muscles. I am so scared my milk won't come in and I won't be able to breastfeed. And muscles. Yes, there used to be some in my stomach, and no, not all stretched out like they are now!
  • N is for Nose. My sense of smell has kicked up, but every night, I get so stuffy I can't breath. And then it bleeds all the time.
  • O is for Open Up. You have to spread your legs a lot while you are pregnant.
  • P is for Pee and Pain and Privacy. I pee a lot. I even have little accidents when I sneeze. And the pains. I have cramping a lot, either from the #2's, or the growing, or the pinched nerves, or the sore muscles. You get the point. And then there is the labor... Which leads me privacy. Once you get pregnant, you never have any again. I can't tell you the last I was able to go to the bathroom without Pumpkin walking in.
  • Q is for Quite Time. Enjoy those moments of silence, because once you have kids, good luck finding some!
  • R is for Random. I get random cravings. I randomly clean the house. Randomly get tired (why can't this happen at night?!).
  • S is for Stretch Marks and Swelling. Oh yes. My belly isn't so bad (at least not yet), but my legs, and that big ol' ass is covered. Along with the boobs. And the swelling sets in fast. There are some days I can't even move my rings. You retain everything!
  • T is for Tears. They come so much easier! I cry about everything!!!
  • U is for Underwear. Thongs? A thing of the past! Granny panties hold the panty liners better, and help to control that ass a little bit more.
  • V is for Van. It really does cross your mind to buy one....
  • W is for Weight and Water. I have always tried to loose weight, and I know that it going up now is a good thing, but man, its hard to see some of those numbers! And water? I gained about 20 lbs in water weight at the end of Pumpkins pregnancy.
  • X is for X-it. Yes, I know that its really spelled E-X-I-T, but bear with me, its all I got. Yes, that baby is going to have to make an exit.
  • Y is for Years. It may seem like pregnancy takes years, but once you have kids, they fly by.
  • Z is for Zoo. My house will be a zoo. It already is with Pumpkin, a dog, a cat, and husband. I can't even imagine what its going to be like when Peanut gets here!
That is my version of the ABC's of Pregnancy! What would you add, take away, or change?

No comments:

Post a Comment