Friday, March 1, 2013

1 Year

I cannot believe Miss L is already one. It seems like just yesterday we were at the hospital... Oh wait, we were! But for other reasons....

We had a small "party" for her. I am in the camp that first birthday parties are for parents, not for the kid, so we just had our family over. We invited her Godmother, and 3 of our best friends, but none of them were able to make it.

I did a "cute as a button" theme, and friend K made her invites. I spent a good part of my Friday before her party making fondant buttons to put on her (homemade) cake, and Saturday was spent grocery shopping and getting things ready. Yes, I actually pulled myself together enough to put on a party!

Sunday morning came, I got up early, made the cake, and preheated the oven to bake it. When I went to put the cake in I was greeted with smoke. On Friday, M told me he was putting the buttons in the oven so nothing got into them, and I forgot they were in there. When I preheated the oven, I baked my buttons. Its these little things that set me off lately. I was in hysterics, so M calmed me down and went across town to the store to buy more fondant, then sat at the table helping me make buttons the rest of the morning. Bless his heart.

Of course, the cakes turned out way better in my head, but I still think they were ok, and perfectly fine for our small family gathering.

Miss L loved rubbing her hands in the frosting and having her own cake to play in! She didn't enjoy opening presents as much as me, but she did help a little.

Ok, enough talk, here are some pictures!

I just printed them as 4x6 photos from Walgreens

A big one for us, a little one for her






What did you do for a first birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment