Friday, March 1, 2013

Unlucky 13

I'm not a superstitious person, but why walk under a ladder when you can go around? So when 2013 was approaching, thoughts of it being an unlucky year passed through my head. For some, 13 is a lucky number, others it is not so much. Its not my favorite number, but I don't cringe when it falls on a Friday. I have to admit though, 2013 has proven to be unlucky for us so far.

Source

This isn't ment to be a pitty party for us, but we have been through a lot this year. It started... on the rough side with M and I fighting. Then we found out we were pregnant... mixed feelings, but this was actually the best thing and we got SUPER excited. Miss L got sick and was hospitalized for 9 days. I didn't work, so bills got tight and some overlooked. I lost BB3. I didn't work some more, and bills got even tighter and some calls had to be made. Our furnace went out on a Saturday. We spent the weekend with 1 electric heater for our whole house waiting until Monday so we wouldn't have to pay time and a half for a weekend call. Remember those bills getting over looked, well now we were trying to round up money for someone to fix our furnace. Luckily M's parents lent us the money and it got fixed Monday evening. Miss L, Pumpkin, and I got sick from being cold all weekend. I missed a little more work. Miss L's dr called and told us the levels of lead in her blood were elevated and we would have to do a repeat blood test. I got drunk.

Hasn't our family been handed enough already this year? I hate to complain, and I do know that there are people way worse off then us, but come on, there are tons that have it way easier too! We need a break. I don't know how much more we can handle. LUCKILY our taxes came in so we could pay my in-laws back for our furnace, and kind of catch up on those bills piling up. I am hoping that since this year has started so rough it might end a little better... In like a lion, out like a lamb...?

Has 2013 been a lucky or unlucky year for you so far?

1 comment: