Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another Blow

2013 just couldn't leave us alone with all the shit it already dumped on us, it had to add something else. Our hot water heater went out.  Luckily it was the just the elements and M was able to fix them easily, but it did mean 3 days without water because of our busy schedule and him not being able to get to the store. We made do by boiling water on the stove and adding it to the cold bath water.

I have decided that I am not going to let this year get the best of me though. In my efforts to better it, and myself, I signed up for a Spartan Race! It is the Saturday before Mother's Day, so I have just shy of 2 months to get in shape for it! A couple of our friends are going to do it with me.  M said he would drink beer and watch :).

I'm really nervous because I have been having a lot of issues with my knee lately.  It hardly wants to bear my weight going up stairs. I think I will go in and have it looked at soon. I'm really hoping its nothing serious though and at maybe just a good brace will take care of the problem.

M and I are also looking at doing an addition on our house. We want to have more kids, hopefully, someday, so we figured we need the space and rates are good right now. We had a couple contractors come out and are waiting to hear their bids. We have an appointment with the bank set up to figure out which route is best to go.... Line of credit, construction loan, etc. I really hope it all works out!

Are you doing anything to better this year or yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment