Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Big 5

I can't believe that Pumpkin is already 5, and that this post is over a week late (actually, I can believe that second part). I had to pull myself together for his birthday, and I think it turned out ok. Not quite what I had in mind, but pretty good for doing it last minute. And to be perfectly honest, it was mostly my friend K. She made the punch and brought the food for me. *thanks*

Only 2 kids were able to come. The others moved, had to spend the day with their grandma, and were sick. It was nice though because the kids played well and it wasn't overwhelming. They had so much fun diggin for their dinos in the kits I made, and I felt pretty good about how well they turned out.

* Dino hat from our local Dollar Tree, dig kits made by me * "Happy Birthday" made by K *  Badge invite designed by me and K * "Dig Site" sloppily written on our front window using Crayola Window Markers (Pretty sweet dino drawn on our back window too) * Dino Cake made by me (looked way better in my head) using a cake pan from Birthday Direct * Plates, cups, napkins, and plastic wear part of a life saving box bought off Amazon * Fruit tray brought by K * Pumpkin diggin for dinos *

Sorry for the crappy recap of his birthday, but Miss L is eating paper right now... Duty calls! I will post how I made the dig kits soon! It was so fun making them, and Pumpkin even got to help out, which he was so excited about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment