Wednesday, July 11, 2012

March Of Dimes

Before I get to far ahead of myself, I wanted to share something that is important to me.

Last month I participated in our local March Of Dimes walk. My friend K originally asked me to join her team. She was walking for her twin boys who were born at 27 wks. Of course I joined for her, but I also wanted to join and walk for Miss L.

Our team wasn't very big, but we raised the most money in our area! It made me kind of sad actually that not many people participated in this event. I think that more advertising needed to be done, maybe that would have been helpful, but I really don't know. I actually had someone say to me that they don't like to give money to things like this, but rather to children suffering from cancer etc. I understand that those stories tear at your heart strings, but I think that the things that parents (and babies) go through during complicated pregnancies, early delivery and such do too.

I want to urge you to check out your local March Of Dimes though. Even if you don't have a child that you lost, was born premature, or had complications, there are MANY babies and parents that go through it. Your support is so appreciated and very helpful.

Anyways, here are some pictures from our walk! Our team was named Mini Miracle Marchers, and we tie-dyed shirts :)

Me and Miss L before our walk

My Mini Miracle :)

Our team 1/2 way

No comments:

Post a Comment