Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

It was M's first "real" Father's Day this year, and I wanted to do something special, so I scoured Pinterest for ideas. Of course I found 101 great ideas, but two really stuck out to me.

The first was to do a questionnaire of sorts that Pumpkin fills out all about M.


M loved this and hung it on the fridge right away. I think this is something that I will do every year for him, just to see how the answers change. (M's hair isn't really red, but his beard kind of is, and his eyes aren't blue. Also, he is not 40 feet tall or 60 pounds.)

My second project for M was to take a picture of each of the kids holding a "D" and a picture of them together holding an "A", then put them in a 3 picture frame, spelling out DAD. I figured M would like this, but I didn't realize just how much! He LOVED it, and set it out for everyone to see and made a point to show people it when they came over. It made me happy how much he liked it.


To celebrate, our parents came over and we had breakfast, then headed to a lake to have a fire and fish. It was really nice to spend the day with everyone, and get outside and enjoy some fresh air. I think M had a really good "first" Father's Day, which is all that mattered. :)

What did you do for Father's Day?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love BOTH of these!! Such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete