Wednesday, June 6, 2012

1 Week Down

We have made it a week in the crib! Wahoo!!!! But oh man was it hard to finally make that first step!

M was trying to figure out every which way to get her crib in our room, but I finally had to put my foot down and say no, as much as I wanted to say yes. If L's crib came in our room, I knew it would never leave. Plus, we are going to need "our" time at some point! So, we grinned and bared it and put Miss L in her crib. Of course I had to rock her to sleep first and make sure she was completely out before I laid her down. And she slept all night perfectly, which gave me mixed feelings. Shouldn't she need me a little more during the night?!

She has been sleeping every night in her crib now, except for once, when M gave in and brought her into our room while I was at work. I was so worried about it since we had created a monster, but she has done perfect. We are getting more used to her not being in our room, but I do still miss her. I make up for it every morning by letting her lay in bed with me though :)

How did transitioning into the crib go for you? Did you cheat every once in awhile?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh where to begin?! Little miss did spend time in her crib. For months actually but after she was really sick one night, the hubs brought her into bed and she hasn't left since. ;(

    We have tried numerous times to get her to sleep in her room and even on her toddler bed but we failed. She could be totally asleep for 20 mins or so and as soon as touched the mattress she would wake right up and not fall back asleep. Since she is turning 2 soon, we hope that she will understand us enough to learn where she needs to sleep. *praying*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always the DH's fault!

    It is so hard to make them sleep in their own beds though. They are they best little cuddlers ever! Good luck on getting her back into her own bed! ;)

    ReplyDelete