Friday, June 1, 2012

Extreme Makeover: Nursery Edition Part III

This isn't really "nursery edition", but it was done because of the nursery. I didn't want Pumpkin to feel left out that Peanut was getting all the attention, so I redid his room when I did the nursery. And the theme? Pirates!!! I think it turned out pretty cute, and I still add random things as I come across them.

He has bunk beds, so for the top bunk I just did a plain blue comforter, and for the bottom (the one he sleeps on) I found a super cute pirate quilt!

I hung a "treasure map" on the wall

Here is the pirate quilt a little closer, and the pillow that goes with the quilt



My mom found this awesome banner that I hung in the corner


She also found this pirate hat, so I hung that on the wall next to his window with 2 rolled up "treasure maps"


After digging through some boxes of my stuff from when I was a kid, we found my stuffed animal net. I hung that in the corner above the bunk beds and I draped a pirate bandanna off one side


I painted the letter of Pumpkin's name in pirate themes (anchors, treasure map, stripes, and skull and bones) and hung them on his wall along with 2 pirate swords

Getting Pumpkin to leave these swords alone is quite the challenge!

And that is Pumpkin's pirate themed room! I think it made him feel special that his room got attention too after all the time I was putting into Peanut's. It made me feel really good to get his room all decorated and done too (part of my nesting I went through!).

Do you like the pirate theme? What other themes do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment