Monday, July 23, 2012

Sick of Being Sick

Poor Miss L has been getting sick a lot lately. Just a couple weeks ago I took her to her Dr because she was so stuffed up and wasn't getting any better. They tested her for influenza and RSV, which came back negative (thank goodness!), and then sent us to the ER to get tested for whooping cough. Because of how contagious it is, they made L wear a little mask, but it was still huge on her! She looked so cute besides that fact that she was so sick :)



Luckily, the whooping cough was negative too.

But our poor baby girl is sick again right now. She is all stuffy, but doesn't have a temp, or seem to have anything else wrong with her. We can't figure out why she keeps getting like this. I am thinking maybe she has allergies? I really hope not because I know how miserable Papa and M are when their allergies kick in, but its the only thing I can think of. I would also rather allergies then something more serious. I am half tempted to take her and get her tested for whooping cough again, just to be safe. The epidemic of it isn't easy my mind at all!

Does you LO get sick a lot? How young can kids get allergies? Would you have your LO tested for whooping cough again just to be safe?

2 comments:

  1. The very first year of my girl's life she was sick non-stop. I think we were able to count when she wasn't sick. Of course, this was due to her building her immune system but she had access to many people since she was in daycare. It seemed never ending but honestly once the first year was over, she rarely got sick and if she was, it was a little nose/chest cold that cleared a few days later.

    I hope the same is true for your little one. BTW - she looks sooo adorable even with that mask on. The first pic, she actually looked like a porcelain doll. Hope she gets better soon and she gets back to nursing!

    www.allthingsg.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with daycares for that reason! Pumpkin was always sick too because of daycare. Its great because it does build up their immunity, but really sucks because no one wants their little one sick!

    Thank you!!! I think she is pretty precious, but then again I'm a little biased! ;)

    ReplyDelete