Friday, July 27, 2012

Nursing Strike

I know I said after my last round of mastitis that I was done nursing, but I haven't actually given it up yet. Miss L and I found a nice balance, nurse in the morning and at night, and bottle feed during the day. It has been going great and I was actually really enjoying breastfeeding. Until just recently.

I don't know what has changed, but Miss L WILL NOT LATCH. She screams and cries and if I can get her to latch, she breaks off right away. I have been enjoying our nursing sessions so much lately that I really don't want to stop, but I don't know what to do! My mom told me that I did the same thing when I was a baby and that she couldn't get me to nurse again. I am so worried that is the story with us.

So my project is to read everything I can on nursing strikes and try to get Miss L back on! And I guess if I can't, as sad as I am, we had a pretty good run of nursing lately.

Did your LO ever go on a nursing strike? Where you able to get back on track, or was that the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment