Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We Have Created A Monster

And to be honest, I don't know who is worse, Miss L or us.

Miss L still sleeps next to our bed in her slightly inclined sleeper. It is nice and easy to have her right next to us. Plus, we can look over and check on her during the night if we need to. Neither M nor I want her out of our room. But this is starting to slowly become a problem.

During the day, when it's nap time, the little miss doesn't want to sleep anywhere other than our arms, or her slightly inclined swing. When I try to lay her in her crib for a good nap, this is what I instantly get:

WHOA! I'm laying flat!!!!

It's like the second her little head touches down her eyes pop open! I know that she can't sleep in the swing forever, and really can't sleep in my arms all day, but I can't get her to sleep in her crib!

I keep telling M that we really need to transition her to her crib at night... this weekend. Neither of us really want her out of our room. Its such a comfort knowing she is right next to me and I can peak at her at any time. I think I may have to invest in those monitors with the screens so I can calm my nerves. M keeps saying that we can just move her crib into our room, but I won't let him. If we do, she will never leave and end up being that teenage kid who still sleeps in their parents' room. Ok, I don't think I have ever actually heard of that kid, but I don't want our daughter to be the first! 

We have created a monster in us and our precious little daughter. How are we ever going to get her to sleep in her crib?

Was the transition to the crib hard for you? Your LO? How old was your LO when you made the move?

No comments:

Post a Comment