Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shield Strike

Last week, L decided to go on a nipple shield strike. I have no idea what prompted this, or what changed, but I couldn't get her to nurse with the shield on for the life of me.

At first I was excited about this. I had been wanting to cut her off the shield, and what better way then for her to do it herself?! It wasn't to nice and exciting though.

It was like starting to breastfeed all over again. My nipples cracked and bleed, and latching on was horrible pain, again. I tried to get her to use the shield, but no go, she wanted nothing to do with it. I tried and tried and tough it out, considered quitting breastfeeding all together, and finally was able to get her to go back to the shield.

I have no idea why she went on strike in the first place, or why she decided to go back, but I am so thankful that she has decided to nurse with the shield again. And now I know, I am not going to try to break her of it!

Has your LO ever decided to not nurse with a shield? Do you use a shield?

No comments:

Post a Comment