Saturday, May 12, 2012

SAHWM

The new term I have coined for myself: Stay At Home Working Mom. Yep, I am a stay-at-home, working, mom.

I got a random phone call a couple weeks after L was born. It was from a place that I had interviewed at while I was still working, and they were wondering if I was still interested in working for them. I told her maybe, it would have to work out just right though since I would have to pay for daycare, etc. She told me what she was really looking for was a night tech, someone to work 7 PM to 7 AM, and only 1 or 2 days a week. Um, score! Of course I told her I was interested, and I went to work with L was 4 wks old (a little early, but I couldn't loose this opportunity). And that is why I consider myself a SAHWM.

I am home during the day, everyday, to take care of my children. They don't go to daycare, I can do all the SAHM functions, and I don't work typical job hours. BUT, I do work. I work while my kids are sleeping, so I don't miss out on them during the day. Of course, I have to sleep at some point, so when I get off at 7, I go home, and sleep for a couple hours while my mom watches the kids. Since I am only working about 2 days a week, I can go off just a few hours of sleep, and then sleep in on the weekends while M hangs out with the kids. I don't feel like I am missing much with these few hours of sleep I get in during the day. I am definitely not missing as much as I would if I were to be working an 8-5 job either.

My job is the best it helps with the bills, we don't have to do daycare, and I still have all the time with my kids. I am very fortunate to be able to work a night job and get to be with my kids.

Are you a SAHWM?

No comments:

Post a Comment