Wednesday, August 13, 2014

T&A

Pumpkin had his tonsils and adenoids taken out last week. He was really excited to have the surgery done because he knew that he would get to eat all the Jello and ice cream he wanted. Afterwards.... he wasn't so excited :(


Actually, when we first got home he told me he wanted to have it done again because he liked the mask they put on him to make him fall asleep, he said it made him feel like he was floating! It made me feel better that they give him the mask to put him out before even giving him his IV. I was really worried at how he would handle the IV. Also, they put it in his foot, so he didn't really even notice it when he woke up from surgery.


I almost cried before and especially after surgery though. Knowing that I was going to be putting him through pain hurt me so much. And seeing how out of it and how much pain he was in when he first woke up broke my heart. I remember getting mine done when I was in high school, and that pain was so horrible!!!!

He has been doing pretty good though. He is still taking meds for pain everyday, but not nearly as much as he was, and his energy is coming back some. I wonder how much of his "pain" is wanting to sit in the rocker and watch cartoon on the iPad too ;) Right now I don't really care though and am letting him. It has only been a week, and its way too hot and smokey to go outside anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment