Monday, August 4, 2014

Being Selfish

You know how I said in my last post that my sister Dee got married? Well, she did, and they eloped! She called me on a Monday morning and told me that they were staying in this fancy place and the JP was coming that afternoon to marry them!

It wasn't really that big of a surprise to tell you the truth. We all knew it was coming. Dee is due to have my little niece at the end of August, and they wanted to be married before the baby came. They were going to plan a wedding and everything beforehand, but it got to be too much and too stressful, so they decided to have it be just the 2 of them.


Aren't they such a cute couple?! They are planning a vow renewal for next summer up here in our hometown. I am so glad that they are doing that because, I'm selfish, and I want to see my sister get married! I'm totally getting screwed out of the chance to be a bridesmaid, as she isn't going to have them, so I want to at least get to see them make the commitment to each other. I love weddings, even if the people are already married :)

Our other sister, Reece, is getting married next year too! She was planning on having her wedding at a vineyard, but after much stress, her and her fiance have decided to elope too... to France.

I know I should be just be so excited that my sisters are both getting married and everything, but COME ON! I want to be in a damn wedding! And they are my sisters! I want to be there and see it and be a part of it! The wedding is not about me, but about the 2 people getting married, but I feel like I am getting screwed!

To be completely honest I am a little hurt and sad that I won't get to see my sisters get married, other then the selfish part of me. A wedding and marriage is such a beautiful thing that I love to go to and see no matter who it is. But when its your sister, you really want to be there. This is one of their big life moments, and I don't get to witness it.

Enough with the pity party! I will put my big girl panties on and be happy for my sisters and be thankful that I don't have to give a speech in front of a bunch of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment