Sunday, October 6, 2013

Headaches

Pregnancy brings many wonderful symptoms with it. Swelling of your entire body, not just belly, cravings, heightened senses, stuffy nose, constipation, and for me lately… headaches.
I wake in the morning and feel good, well as good as I can feel waking in the morning. About 30 minutes after getting up though, my headache starts. It then progresses from just a headache to full on migraine. I was in tears the other day because of the pain. The more I move around the worse it is, but unfortunately with having 2 kids already, I have to move, I can’t just sit on the couch and nurse my head.
My dr tried me on a prescription for the nausea that I was getting from the pain, but it didn’t do much for me. I went back in, talked to a nurse practitioner, and she sent me in a prescription for migraines that is safe to use during pregnancy. I am trying it now and hoping it works.
I have never been one to get headaches. I would get the occasional one when I didn’t get enough sleep, but it would last a day and then be gone. These things are horrible! You can’t do anything and they just hurt! Ugh, I am so over the headache thing. This new prescription better be the answer.
Did you get headaches during pregnancy? Do you get them all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment