Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Government and Politics... Fun

Politics are not my area of expertise. I am not one to get into debates about it, or normally even voice my opinion. With the government shutdown though, I thought I would put in my 2 cents for what they are worth. Agree, disagree, I don’t care. I don’t get too worked up over this subject.
I voted for Obama the first time around. I thought he was the better of the candidates running. Did I think he was amazing? No. I am more of a liberal person, but they never win anyways, so I voted for who I thought ranked slightly higher than the other and actually had a chance of winning. I didn’t vote this last election. I didn’t like any of the people running, and figured if Obama stayed in office, oh well, they all sucked equally.
I don’t feel the president can really do much. Sure every jumps down my throat at this moment with all the Obama care crap and stuff, but really, think about it. He puts an idea out there and the WHOLE house has to vote. If they think its good, it passes. If they don’t, it doesn’t. The president can’t just say this is what is going to happen and then it happens. If you want to blame the president then fine, blame him, but remember he has to have the majority of the people backing him, so I think they are just as responsible. If you want to see real changes in the government, all the seats should be re-elected every presidential election, not just the president.
The government is currently shut down right now. How does that affect me? Well, any other day that the government is up and running my day consists of: kids, family, coffee, food, FB, Twitter, email, games (man I sound lazy), errands, work, bills. Not necessarily in that order, but pretty much everything gets hit during the day at some point. Since the government has shut down my day consists of: kids, family, coffee, food, FB, Twitter, email, games (man I sound lazy), errands, work, bills. Yeah you didn’t miss anything. My day has not changed. As of right now, the government shutdown has not affected me at all. Gas prices did drop a little though… is that related? If so keep the government shutdown! And since I am being perfectly honest, and I don’t follow politics, government, etc, I had no idea it was even going to shutdown, or had for that matter. Until I finally got to my Twitter and all the news was about it.
Maybe I should care more about it all, maybe not. But this is me, what I think, what I feel. Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and beliefs and feelings. If you agree with me, great, if not, great.

No comments:

Post a Comment