Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Goodbye

I left Miss L for the first time last week. I had a work conference 8 hours away. We left Wednesday afternoon and came home after the conference on Friday, which got us into town Saturday morning at about 2 am. It was one of the hardest things ever!
It is horrible to say, but I am used to leaving Pumpkin. From the beginning he has gone an hour here, an hour there with his dad. And then he started overnight stays and progressed from there. In 19 months though, I have never left Miss L. And I think we are both pretty darn dependent on each other!
I thank technology (FaceTime) for getting me through. I was able to talk to her each day and see her to give her a “kiss” and a hug, which usually resulted in her hanging up on me. I really don’t know if I could have done it without my phone! I was so happy to get home, and even though it was the middle of the night she woke up, told me “hi”, and then snuggled in really close. Ahhh… pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment