Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dates and Measurements

Last Monday I took a break from the hospital and concentrated on BB3. I had an US in the afternoon and my first OB appt following.

According to my last missed period, blood draw, and very first early US, I should have been 8 wks pregnant. Well, the baby was only measuring 6 wks, and it's heart rate was 99. My dates could be off considering that I have no idea when I O'd, and my periods are always a little screwy. At 6 wks, a heart rate of 99 isn't bad because it could be just starting to beat, and it normally starts at 85. She adjusted my due date from September 3rd to September 17th, the day before M and my 3rd anniversary.

Little BB3!

Dr K was a little concerned though because at my early US they saw something that could be the gestational sac, and if I was only 6 wks at this appt, they shouldn't have been able to see it. So just to be on the safe side, she ordered another US for the next week, this last Monday.

It was a different girl that did this US. Going off of my last US measuring/date, I should be 7 wks. Well BB3 was only measuring 6 wks still, and it's heart rate was a slow 105. The average heart rate for 7 wks is about 120. I left and I cried. Dr K said she isn't really sure what is going on. She wasn't too concerned about the lack of growth because it can be so hard this early on to determine. But the heart is slow, and not increasing as fast as it should (3 beats per day). She said you either lose the baby, or it goes, and mine isn't really doing either. She ordered another US for Friday, but I got her to change it to Thursday, I just couldn't wait that extra day.

I know that this baby was unexpected. And I know that I cried to my mom because I didn't want another kid right now. But I do want it. And so does M. We both have gotten so excited about it and I am already so attached to my little BB3. If I loose this baby, I will be devastated. I am trying so hard not to stress or worry, but I can't help it. Thursday cannot get here fast enough. I am praying and pleading that everything is right on track and healthy and good at this next US.

Miscarriage is always a worry and concern. Even after you have had a baby, it still lingers in the back of your mind. I never really thought of it as a possibility though. Yes it scares the shit out of me, but I figured I have successfully carried 2 babies already, so a 3rd shouldn't be a problem. Now I am facing the very real realization that miscarriage can, and does, happen, despite how many kids you have had.

If you pray, please pray for little BB3 to pull through. If you believe in something else, please rub Buddha's belly, do a little dance, or whatever it is that you believe. We need all the help we can get right now and it is all appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment