Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 and Resolutions

Happy New Years everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday.

Ours was pretty low key. M worked and didn't feel like doing much by the time he got home, which was fine by me cuz I didn't either! So I made a meat and cheese tray and we both made a chip dip, and M's parents came over. We played some games and just hung out, nice and relaxing. It took everything I had to make it to midnight though! Luckily, pretty quickly after the ball dropped everyone left! I love my family, but my love for my bed was winning!

I decided years ago to not make resolutions. I felt like every year I would make them and wouldn't keep them. It was like setting myself up for failure. Um, no thanks. This year though, I have actually decided to make a resolution once again. I really believe I can keep it too. My resolution is to do a random act of kindness once a month.

I know I can keep this resolution because it isn't hard or too far fetched. Its not doing something every day, or every week. Once a month. That gives me, on average, 30 days to do it. Plus, it isn't something just for me. It will be something that others enjoy, which makes me want to do it even more. I have only told my parents about my resolution because I don't want it to be a big deal. Random acts. No one needs to know who or why.

I will keep you all posted on my random acts though! So, if you decide to make a resolution similar, maybe I can share some ideas :)

Do you make resolutions? What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment