Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Great Debate Part III

Cold feet and a baby shower.

I'll just say it now, then explain. I am not going to cloth diaper.

For one, I got cold feet. Yes, the savings in the end is huge, and I would LOVE to save that kind of money, but in honesty, we don't have the money to jump in. The initial lump sum is something that we just don't have. And if we are going to be spending that kind of money, I want to know that we are 100% for sure about what we are getting. Because I have never used, or even seen anyone that uses, cloth diapers, I am not comfortable spending money on it. What if I end up hating it? What if we get going, and then something comes up, like I go back to work and daycare won't take cloth diapers? Then we cloth at home and disposable at daycare? That doesn't even make sense to spend money on both diaper ways. I just can't bring myself to spend the money, when I have so many questions and doubts still.

I also had my baby shower (more on that later!), and got.... diapers! A diaper cake, 2 boxes of diapers, and a package of diapers. I could use the diapers in the beginning, and then switch to cloth, but I have a feeling that once I get in the grove of diapers again, and how easy disposables are, I won't switch.

I am sad that I won't get to use those cute cloth diapers, but I feel comfortable in my decision to stick with disposables. I know what I am getting into, and don't have to fork over a lot of money, that we don't have, to get started with it.

Were you set on one diaper way and then switch to another?

2 comments:

  1. I've never known anyone that uses cloth diapers, either. I like the idea of them and they are so much better for the environment, but, I have to admit it, I would be scared to use them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of them too, but I just can't bring myself to do it! Plus, Pumpkin had a bad accident last night, and I was gagging. I don't know if I could always handle it!

    ReplyDelete