Monday, February 13, 2012

Ready But Not

I'm ready for Peanut to come, like last week, but I'm not ready. There are a couple things that have to be done before Peanut can come. And no, they aren't on my crazy cleaning list!

I packed our hospital bag today with our clothes. Its just a start to what needs to go in there, but it has to get done so I can put it in the car. The clothing items I packed for me were:

  • Sweatpants
  • Nursing tank
  • 3 pair of socks
  • Slippers
  • 3 pair of boy short underwear (although I will probably just wear the ultra sexy ones that the hospital supplies for you)
  • Zip up sweater

I will be packing a nursing bra also, but the one I got is already too small, so I have to take it back and get a bigger size!

For M, I packed just the basics also:

  • Sweatpants
  • Sweatshirt
  • Jeans
  • 2 t-shirts
  • 2 pair of underwear
  • 3 pair of socks

He will probably want his slippers too, but I won't pack those because he wears them every night. I'll put them on the list of things to grab though. 

I also threw in some cards, a couple movies, and put our books on the list of things to grab, just so that if we have some down time at all, we can have some things to do. 

Pumpkin and I are going to go shopping tomorrow for the rest of the things I need to pack. Those include:

  • Travel toothpaste
  • Travel toothbrushes
  • Travel shampoo and conditioner
  • Travel face wash
  • Mini lotion
  • Nursing bra

I'm not going to buy any pads at this point. I am going to see how many I can get from the hospital, which may be enough to last me for the heaviest bleeding, then I can just buy some thinner ones when I need them. I don't want to waste the money on buying them right now when I may not even need them. 

I will also make a list of things to remember to grab, like our phone chargers, M's slippers, camera (if for some reason its not in my purse still), and our books, etc. 

Yes, I still need to pack Peanut's diaper bag with her coming home outfit, blanket, hat, etc. I need to install her car seat this week, make arrangements for the animals, and do some cooking that I can freeze (which is my project for this coming weekend with friend K).

Am I forgetting anything?! What did you pack, or plan to pack, for the hospital? Is there anything really important or useful that I am blanking out?

No comments:

Post a Comment