Wednesday, May 28, 2014

When It Becomes "Not Ok"

I have been struggling with my weight. I have these last 10 baby pounds that I CAN. NOT. GET. OFF. It probably doesn't help that I don't actually exercise, or eat health, but I am nursing, and isn't that supposed to burn extra calories???

I have always struggled with my weight. In high school, I outweighed pretty much all of my friends, coming in at a whopping 118. *sigh* I gained weight in college and was mortified when I hit 127. What I wouldn't give to be there again. When I got pregnant this last time, I was heavier, but even that weight sounds so nice right now! I really need to get my ass in gear and do something about it. Although bitching about it is so much easier...

What I want to know though, is when it becomes not ok. Look at babies and little kids. Their chubby little faces and rolly-polly thighs are the CUTEST things ever. So why are they not so cute on me? I have dimples on my butt but you don't see anyone swooning over them. When does our mindset change to think that those things are no longer adorable?

Same with burping and farting. LL lets one go and we all praise her. When I do it, I get looks. Why is it ok for little humans, but not us? Why do we get embarrassed when it happens to us, but kids don't even bat an eye at it?

It would be so much easier if we lived in a world where sausage fingers and passing of gas was perfectly fine. Nobody would ever feel bad about themselves and we would all be on more of an equal playing ground. Instead of making excuses for the fact that my daughter is almost 5 months old and I still have 10 pounds to go, I would just rock them with pride. Just like LL rocks her chubbs :)

Seriously... Those cheeks are to die for

No comments:

Post a Comment