Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Power Pumping

I did my first power pumping tonight at work.

You might remember I work night shifts... 12 hour night shifts. So on the nights that I work, I have to pump. This is fine, but last week, my middle of the night output was lower. It totally makes sense since LL pretty much sleeps through the night, but I am an over panicker, so it upset me :)

To try to get my supply back up during the night, I decided to try to power pump. So I scoured the internet on how to go about it, and found quite a few different opinions. This is the timing I chose to go with:


The reason I chose this timing/session layout is that I like to work in even numbers! My math on 7 minutes pumping 10 rest, etc, gets a little screwy. I like to see solid even numbers so I don't get messed up! Plus, I normally pump for 20 minutes at a time anyways, so the first session would be a typical session for me.

After my first power pumping session, I got a whole extra 2 oz! Seems like so little, but I was pretty excited considering it is extra.

The only thing I am still a little confused/hazy on is how many sessions you do. From the majority of things I have read, it is just once a day... but how many days?! I am going to just do it once a night while I am at work and see if it makes a difference or not, so I will keep you posted!

Have you ever power pumped? How did you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment