Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was small and oh so nice! Pumpkin was at his dad's house, which made it a little lonely, and my parents were in Spokane at my aunt's house. M's aunt and uncle came into town, and his mom did a big dinner, but we didn't go. Instead, we had Thanksgiving just the "4" of us.

I cheated a little this year though. Instead of doing a full turkey, I just did a breast... in the crockpot! Best turkey ever though! And SO tender and juicy! I also did boxed stuffing, which I was really hesitant about cuz I love stuffing, but it turned out amazing. Totally sold on the box stuffing now. I made corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a cherry pie for desert. We laid around all day relaxing and watching football. Ate dinner, and then laid around some more. We ate cherry pie while we watched a movie, then called it a night and went to bed!

It was so little, and so relaxed, but so nice. We didn't have to drive anywhere, put on jeans, or try to not look too piggish going up for 3rds. I do love holidays with family, but I think I like holidays with just immediate family just as much.

How was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment