Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ghost Pirate and Stripper Kitty

Halloween was unusually warm this year, which was nice for us to be able to take the kids out and actually see their costumes instead of covering them with snow gear. We went to the East side of town, where the houses are close together, there are sidewalks, and a lot of people. And by a lot of people, I mean a LOT of people. It was unreal. There were actually lines from people’s houses to the sidewalk. Bad idea on my part. We were only able to trick or treat a couple of blocks because of all the people. We left there and went to my parents’ house. Pumpkin went to a couple houses in their neighborhood and then just dumped their candy bucket into his. Smart kid :)
Pumpkin wanted to be a “ghost pirate” this year. I found a cute and cheap costume at Costco and then just painted his face white with black circles around his eyes, and he wore white gloves. I thought a horse or kitty would be cute for Miss L, but finding a costume was so frickin hard! Luckily a Spirit Halloween opened this year for the first time ever in our area, so I was able to find a costume there. Unluckily, the cute kitty costume was $40, way too much for me to spend on a 1 year old’s Halloween costume. So instead she got stripper kitty. I think she still looked pretty cute with her little painted nose and whiskers. Stripperish yes, but a cute stripper!

M and I didn’t dress up, but surprisingly he kind of wanted too. We had Pumpkin’s school carnival the Saturday before Halloween and M said we should have at least worn masks to that, so maybe next year we will do something fun.
How was your Halloween? Did you dress up, or just your kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment