Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 2: 10 Things I Live For (Or Can't Live Without)

This is a hard one for me. Of course there are 10 things I live for/can't live without, but its hard to pinpoint those 10 things and put them into words. I'll try though :)

1: My children. Of course every mom is going to say this, but its true. My children get me out of bed every day. They make me want to be a better person and mom. They bring joy to every situation. I may not have as much energy as I need, but they do keep me on my feet. My children are the #1's in my life.

Sorry its so dark!

2: M. He is my best friend and I couldn't face this world without him. He is my rock when I am falling, my shoulder to cry on, my arguer when I am wrong and need to be put in my place (which is never, but if the time were to ever come, he would do). He supports our family and works very hard to do it.

3: My family. They are so important to me. They are always there, even when I don't want them to be, and will always give me an honest opinion. They help me see things I wouldn't see on my own and support the decisions I make. I know they would do anything for me, as I would them.

4: Coffee. Lame, I know, but I couldn't live without it! Being pregnant has been hard because I have had to cut my intake down, but with 2 kids already, and working night shifts, I NEED it.

5: The outdoors. I am so lucky to live in a place that is so beautiful. This past weekend we hiked into a lake close by our house, and it was SO. BEAUTIFUL. I can't even begin to describe the fresh, clean smell of the damp forest warming up with the sun. Or the view of the lake surrounded by huge trees and an eagle swooping down to catch fish. Or the sound of the waterfall rushing down the hillside and crashing into every rock and branch on its way down. Breathtaking and something I could NOT live without.


6: Animals. Cheesy. I love animals. I love how our dog thinks he is tiny and tries to worm his way into your blanket. And our crazy cat that won't leave our yard, just likes to hang out outside around us. I grew up riding horses, and I LOVED the feeling of freedom ontop of the horse. The wind in your face as you gallop along, and the feeling of weightlessness and flying as you soar over a jump. I love animals. I love their innocence and trust.

7: The internet. Modern technology has won me over :) I use the internet daily. Multiple times a day actually. I like that I can look anything up, diagnose myself before I even get to the dr, stay in contact with family and friends 100s of miles away, and have the answer to pretty much any question I could think of.

8: The seasons. Particularly fall and winter. They are my favorite. I love the fall because it cools down. The leaves change and all the yummy smells emerge. Snow is amazing. I don't think it could actually snow too much for me. It is beautiful to look at, and fun to play in. I love the holidays in the fall and winter too.

9: Sweets. I have the worst sweet tooth ever. Which explains the extra 15 lbs I carry. But they are like my crack, only... healthier? Cheesecake is one of my favorite things, but I will take a good white chocolate macadamia nut cookie any day too. Or peanut butter M&Ms, Oreos, kettle corn, pumpkin roll with cream cheese frosting, cupcake, white chocolate dipped pretzels, ice cream...

10: My bed. Oh how I love my bed. I love that when I crawl into bed, I get to go to sleep! Its something that I took for granted until I started working nights. My bed is so comfy, and warm, and sleep is so amazing. I can't wait for morning to come so I can go home and sleep!

5 comments:

  1. I love animals too! I wish I could open my own shelter and give all of them a good home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even look at the ads the local shelter puts out, otherwise we would own every single dog and cat from there! And M would probably leave me ;P

      Delete
    2. OMG, I cry every time those commericals come on :(

      Delete
  2. I don't really drink coffee myself, but since having my baby and working the night shift, I think I need to start drinking some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that completely! I couldn't make it through a shift without it!!!

      Delete