Friday, June 14, 2013

Secret Rainbows

I have been so back and forth on writing this post, when to write it, am I going to jinx things (not that I entirely believe in that, but better safe than sorry), is it too soon, etc. But after talking to my new dr, J, who settled my mind and told me she has complete confidence and no worries, I have decided to take the plunge and share my secret. I'm pregnant again!

I actually found out the Wed after Mother's Day, May 15th. I called the midwives I had chosen last pregnancy since Dr K was leaving, and made an appt. I got in that day, or the next, I can't really remember now, and got some blood work done. They wanted to check my progesterone since I lost BB3. I am so thankful they did. It came back at 16, low. Over 20 is ideal. They are pretty sure that is why I lost BB3 now. I got started on a progesterone supplement. Its a little "pill", looks kinda like a Monistat tablet thing, that I put up my crotch everytime I go to sleep (since I work nights, sometimes I have to do it in the morning).

I have been going in every week to check and make sure there is still growth and a heartbeat, and as of this last Wednesday, baby was looking perfect. Right around 9 weeks, heart rate good and strong, little feet starting to form. My labs last week came back that my thyroid was a little high so I started taking a med for that, but my progesterone is now in the 20's! I will keep taking the supplements until at least 12 weeks when the placenta can take over the production.

This week was my scary week though. I was 9 weeks when I lost BB3, despite its growth stopping at 6. So to see our little one wiggling around was such a relief. I am so thankful that my midwives are so understanding and supportive and let me come in every week to check the heartbeat. They have been my saving grace so far.

Here is the very first pic I have of this baby at my first US


Just a little blimp but a little blimp with a beating heart!

We have told our family and some friends, but haven't made it "FB official" yet. I will probably will really soon now though since J has reassured me so well. BUT, if you are a FB friend, please keep it mum :)

NOW I need something to call this little one! Any suggestions?

11 comments:

  1. Eeeep! Congratulations girlie! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such huge congratulations to you!!
    Love and best wishes for a perfect healthy baby #4.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im getting more optimistic now!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!!! So when is your EDD? We're due with #2 at the end of January (still haven't had any ultrasounds to confirm that though and my cycle was really wonky before I got pregnant).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January 15. It's going to be a good month for us!

      Delete
  4. YAY!!!!! So happy for you, Rosie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best news! I love your little rainbow baby already. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it already too! AND I love your rainbow baby :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the baby! Another bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete