Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spartan Sprint

This past weekend I ran a Spartan Sprint with a couple friends. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is 3+ miles (ours was a little over 5 miles) and has obstacles along the way. Look it up, its pretty awesome :)

It kicked my ass though! I had so much fun, but man, the constant uphill of the mountain terrain was HARD. There is going to be another one next year and I can't wait to sign up for it! Here we are before, just aobut to the finish line, and after the race.





About a mile or so in, one of the obstacles was monkey bars. I was about 4 bars away from the end and my hand slipped and I fell on my foot, but it went backwards. I knew I hurt it, becuase it hurt, and I felt it swell in my shoe. Despite my foot throbbing with every rock I stepped on, I finished the race. By that night, I couldn't walk on it. I went to the orthopedic urgent care on Monday and they said it wasn't broken but I sprained the top of my foot and did some tissue damage. Soooo, I'm in a really sleek, sexy boot for 2 weeks. Pumpkin loves it.


I am pretty proud of myself for doing it. I always have wanted to, and talk about it, but never actually do. And now I can't wait for the next one!

Have you ever done something like this? Or something that you have always talked about?

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! Since I just found out I'm pregnant again any mud runs or spartans are going to have to be put on hold though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! You will have to look for some that are goin on next summer!

      Delete