Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Diapers

I have been on a blogging strike. Actually, not really, but I could have fooled you right?! To be honest, I haven't been blogging because I feel like I have nothing happy to talk about. I am still in a depressed mood and all my thoughts go back to BB3. I am trying though, still. So to enlighted myself, I am going to talk about something happy... diapers!!! That's happy right?!

When I was pregnant with Miss L I went back and forth about whether to cloth diaper her, or use disposables. Every place I read said that the first year alone would be in the $1000's to do disposables. I was so worried and stressed about, but in the end the convienence of disposables won. Just to see how much I would spend on diapers though, I kept track of all the diapers I bought. The date, how many, and the price. Here is it:


In the first year (not counting the 4/25/13 purchase), I spent a total of $193.43. Less than $200!!! You are probably wondering how I did that, since that is WAY far from the $1000+. Easy. I asked for diapers for birthdays and holidays. Sure, that may not be the most fun present to get, but look at how much money it has saved us. Money that we can use to buy or do something fun. Totally worth it if you ask me.

Disposable diapers don't have to be expensive. I spent less in the first year on them then I would have spent on just getting set up with cloth. Not too shabby if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment