Thursday, May 2, 2013

Catching A Break

Poor Miss L just cannot catch a break yet in her short life.

When we went in for her 1 yr check, the nurse told me all the shots and screens they wanted to do. Chicken pox, Hep, TB, and lead. I said no to chicken pox, yes to Hep, and gave the dr the choice between lead and TB because I wasnt going to do both. He chose lead.

In children, 5 is the toxic lead level. Miss L's first screen came back at 2. Her dr told us to come back in a couple months and check it again, hoping it either stayed the same or went down. We got the results this week, and it is now at a 5. I had to take her the lab yesterday to get a vial of blood drawn and it is now being processed at the Mayo Clinic. Hopefully we should have the results back tomorrow.

When is she going to catch a break?! Her little life has been so full of issues and problem after problem. It makes me so sad because when I look at her she is so happy and full of adventure and love.



I pray that her levels are down and we wont have to do treatment on her. I pray that she can finally catch a break and be done with all these things. She is too beautiful and perfect to deserve this.

2 comments:

  1. M just had her 1 year shots and blood draw. They didn't mention that they did a lead check though. I wonder if they did??? How do they come into contact with it?

    I hope everything comes back ok with your poor girl! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my understanding, the reason that L's dr did a lead test is because her insurance requires it. They can come in contact from old painted things (we thought M's crib), piping in your house, water, and mechanic shops (M is a mechanic). Those are a few of the ways that stuck out to us!

      Delete