Thursday, June 25, 2015

House

M and I had our house built right before we got married. It was just us and Mr K, and our 3 bedroom, 2 bath house was perfect. Add 2 more kids into the mix, and a mom that has to drive across the valley to babysit for us 2x a week, and we quickly have learned that we need more room. So we decided to put our house up for sale.

It hit the market today, we had 3 showings and an offer of full asking price in less than 12 hours. Wow. I never imagined it would sell so quickly! I am super excited that it did go quickly and we don't have to sit and wait, but part of me is really sad.

This is our house. We brought home all our kids to this house. I redid the master bathroom so nicely, and it is large, along with the walk-in closet. Our  new floors are gorgeous and M did an amazing job on the hearth for our fireplace. I don't want to leave those things behind!

We did find a house we really liked and put an offer in on it though. Our concern is that it has a sand point well, which I don't know much about. If we had to put a real well in it though, that could cost up to $15,000! Hoping that isn't the case.

This new house is much larger. The master bath is TINY. Single shower. No vanity counter top. The yard is great. Big mature trees surround the property on 3 sides. And we would only be about 5 minutes from our parents. And close to town, but still out of city limits.

I'm hoping it all works out and we are able to get this other house, but I am trying not to get to excited. If not we will have to possibly get a rental for awhile until something else opens up.

I am totally still in shock at how quickly our house went though, and that we weren't even offered less. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment